Everyday is different, yet happens for a reason.


Thursday, April 7, 2011

Embracing motherhood

I was lucky enough to share a glass of wine with my dear friend yesterday afternoon and we had an interesting conversation. Why as mothers do we find it necessary to make things or situations seem easier than they are?? Why not confront and vent about issues we are having whether it be with our husbands because our relationship has been turned inside out due to the addition of kids or it be about our children because they are 2 1/2 or 9 months and still not sleeping through the night! This is why I love the friendships I have because I am able to be honest about all these things, but too often I find there are many who are not. I'm not sure if women are afraid of looking weak or if it's more out of a competitive spirit, but I challenge you to open up about your families trial and tribulations. Number one it's healthy and number 2 it feels so good when someone can relate with you!!

So cheers to embracing motherhood and cheers to being honest!

1 comment:

  1. cheers!
    (it is a hard time for me too, with not sleeping much, hang in there!)

    ReplyDelete