
My outfit today was inspired by my love for turquoise. I'm not sure where it stems from, it's not my birthstone and it's not easy to come by. I guess maybe I like to think it has something to do with my grandmother Eileen on my dad's side. She had some Native American background and although only my brother inheireted her dark hued skin, I always remember her accessorizing her skin tone with turquoise jewelry. The jewelry in the picture on the left is mine. The glass bracelets are some of favorite pieces and are worn almost everyday in the summer when I'm lucky enough to have some color of my own. The picture on the right is a pigment dyed clay ring that the color just caught my eye. My outfit consists of a ruched cardigan by michael stars, high collared jacket from Old Navy and boots/belt from TJ Maxx.
What color inspires you?
fun jewelry!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to agree with the turquoise...probably because it goes so good with brown :) LOVE your outfit today. Can you fly here and help me makeover my closet??? Pleeeeassseee!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! Jana, the turquoise necklace is from Pier 1 and the orange beaded one is from (shhhh) Walmart!
ReplyDeleteStac-I will be there in a heartbeat just tell me when and where
looove the turq. Soo fun!
ReplyDeleteAsh @ www.acstylefiles.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/AC-Style-Files/198556863506228
LOVE the turquoise jewelry!
ReplyDeleteAll colors inspire me. Depends on my mood.
ReplyDeleteI love your pictures. Great outfit and post.
Very fun blog :)
Come say hi and follow back.
XOXO
Frenchy
http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com
I am on a turquoise/aqua/coral rant lately:)
ReplyDeleteawesome outfits posts, kristen!! xo
I have always thought turquoise is a really pretty color on other people and for decorating in other people's homes. About a year ago I found Crystal Cattle: Turquoise Thursday blog. I enjoy reading her blog and this also began my not only noticing more turquoise around me, but truly appreciating the color.
ReplyDelete