Everyday is different, yet happens for a reason.


Friday, May 20, 2011

Jar of Love

IT'S HEEEERE!!!! My mothers day gift finally came in the mail yesterday and I don't think I will ever take it off! I love it that much! (plus I may have lost a piece of jewelry or two in my lifetime) I put this necklace from Lisa Leonard Design on my wishlist, my hubby checked it (thanks to maybe a little hinting from me) and voila`.  And I will say even though mothers day has come and gone, it couldn't have arrived on a better day. My habitual 3 hour napper who has never missed a nap, did not nap yesterday and after attempting the routine for an hour and a half I went into his room to find out that he took off his pull up, put it back on inside out, peed through his comforter/sheets/bed and added a puddle to the floor as well! Woke up his sister from her nap trying to make noise to get attention and there you have it! A large chunk of my day in a nutshell.




















We did manage to make it to the park in the am (hence the pics) but let me continue to vent...what would do if they were at the park alone with their 3 year old and 10 month old and needed to use the bathroom? Take baby with of course but then would my son ever leave the playground to tag along with his mom to the potty he won't even use yet? Of. course. not. so I could ask one of the nice enough looking moms standing next to me to just keep a quick eye on him (as he is playing with their boys) but the fact that they just walked by me and all she had to say was:

"oh my, is she eating a wood chip?"
and I (doubting my parenting capabilities) say "oh I hope not" 
OF COURSE NOT, That's her mum-mum!! which I knew but instead of saying
"of course not, I'm a better parent than that- that's her teething biscuit, but thanks for your concern" 
I said "oh I hope not"
and she said "oh I just saw something white in her mouth" and kept walking-RUDE! 

(did you follow that conversation?)
This is case and point why in good ol' ND- unfortunately it is impossible to ease your way into parenting mommy groups. They already have their own niche` and are just not accepting applications at this time but will smile at you in the mean time. (which feels like they are just rubbing it in) Needless to say... I did not get to pee and instead, held it in as we walked home. T.M.I.?   
Whew!
Oh yeah and then I had to leave to go to work a soon as the hubby got home and this in turn lead to the mother of all meltdowns from Finn. Screaming, scratching, yelling, you name it-he .did. not. want me to go to work! I later learned he even dumped all of his trail mix onto the grass and tried twice to run out of the backyard all the while Josh is holding our quite opposite (for now) calm Emersyn Elaine.
again-Whew!


Here's to a re-do as I am home again today with both kiddos due to daycare being closed today.

1 comment:

  1. Sad but true, mommy groups are hard to break into period. It took me a long time to make mommy friends. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete