Do you ever lie in bed at night and wish you had a tape recorder?
No no no NOT going there (Hag, Becs I'm talking to you two)... I so
often lie awake in bed (after being up w/ a teething baby) thinking of
blogging or work ideas or outfits and then in the am, it's gone just like a dream.
Life sure isn't slowing down anytime soon! With now being a working momma, it's going to take some adjustment time to wrap my fingers round keeping up with it all. But with one week under my belt, I'm learning to embrace this new change in my life. I knew that phrase would come in handy~
This week my What I wore Wednesday entry is also doubling as my first attempt at a DIY project thanks to Dawn @
CreativeCainCabin. I'm still not sure what to think of it but I wore the pin attached to a turquoise necklace I already own and wore it on mothers day. I think next time I will make it a little smaller and actually follow the directions and use the right fabric. I've also learned through this project that A. scissors
do matter and B. just like a recipe, the ingredients
do matter. Just like my cooking, if I don't follow the recipe exactly, it's actually a recipe for disaster. So the pin has some tattered edges and not a lot of shape, but not bad for the first go round' right?
Yes, applause, compliment, laugh at me here!
 |
| Jeans (Gap) Tank (Target) Cardigan (Gap) shoes (Target) |
 |
| My first attempt at the new 'color blocking' trend? Not sure how I feel about it yet~ | | |
|
| |
|
 |
| Pants (Old Navy) Tank (TJ Maxx) Blazer (Gap) Shoes (Target) |
your flower pin does look awesome for a first try-wow! the color blocking is cool, those colors are great on you! xo
ReplyDeletetape recorder in bed, haha. I love the flower pin as well, soo creative and cool.
ReplyDeleteLove the outfits. I am new to WIWW and I love checking out everyones outfits. Your style is great. I will be following you. Please check out my fitness blog and WIWW.
ReplyDeletewww.dailydoseoffitblogspot.com
Thanks Casey! The more followers the better~helps me keep on top of it! I'll check out your blog as soon as I can!
ReplyDelete