Everyday is different, yet happens for a reason.


Friday, April 12, 2013

An Invitation?

This week is crazy busy with work! We are a part of a local Home Show every year and this year I was put in charge of it, Yikes! Here's a glimpse of our set-up yesterday which took from 8am until 4pm yeeesh! Between loading, unloading and delegating it was a looong day!
And we aren't quite done yet but at least the big stuff is done! So on another note I got an invite from one of my favorite people (my neighbor Sarah) but unfortunately I don't get to see her enough even though we live less than 50 feet apart! She's a big wig over at the University with the Alumni Assoc. and I'm pretty sure her regular routine often includes an event or two. So needless to say when she invites me to one, I better go! Even though it's the busiest week of the year for me, I only have this ONE busy week period, no busy season, no busy weeks, just this ONE week so I'm going to suck it up and go!

Now the hard part...what do I wear? Well I have an idea I guess but if you know me at all I like something new for any event and maybe that's why I don't go to many events. I can't afford to :)
So here's my start off outfit- I didn't have my camera at home so I asked Finn to take my picture with my ipad for me. Bless his heart this is what I got-


I'm wearing a dress tucked into my dark skinny jeans and then wearing my black booties and added a pop of color with my necklace. So my thought is that a dress tucked into skinny jeans may not be the right option-if I un-tuck it too much it looks sloppy but if I don't un-tuck it enough it gives the appearance of panty lines. So I might be on the hunt at lunch for something different...

Well believe it or not when I left work it was snowing. (Boo) So I stuck with my outfit but added a black blazer and changed into boots. It was fun but I think I have run myself a little thin and am now getting sick just in time for the busy weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment