Penny Chic is a website/blog that I came across that just goes to show fashion doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. I'm sure you've heard it before but the secret to good fashion is mixing and matching. Go ahead mix the low end staples with a once in awhile high end splurge. The splurges will last you longer but the essentials won't break the bank! Trust your instincts, there isn't neceasarily a "right answer" just maybe a too matchy-matchy, too much or not enough. I look at fashion as a sort of personality where it is something that is built throughout life, changes often by mood and is enriched through creativity. Now living in Grand Forks, there are not a lot of places to shop. In fact, I can name them them on one hand. Now please keep in mind I live in a very small town and am on a strict family budget so my favorites tend to be the Gap, Target (believe it or not), TJ Maxx, Old Navy (hit or miss but GREAT for kids clothes) and Pier 1 (you would never guess but they have the best jewelry).
I once dreamed of owning my own boutique after finding the lack of fashion in the area but decided I wanted a real family and not a "retail store baby" that would take up every wince of time and energy I had. (after having 2 kids I'm so glad I knew no way could I have done both) But I must say this new blogging thing is such a creativity outlet for me, I'm loving it! (and I hope you are too) Here's another blog I L-O-V-E What I Wore check it out, and hopefully someday I can follow in her footsteps, who knows? ND could use some fashion :) You can also pre-order her book, What I Wore: Four Seasons, One Closet, Endless Recipes for Personal Style. (Jessica Quirk), coming out this summer for under $11! I already have and can't wait for the additional inspiration!
And my one piece of advice...you can NEVER spend too much $$$ on a good pair of jeans!

I must say, I disagree with the pricy jean statement. I found that American Eagle has the best jeans for me and I wont ever go back (well maybe someday when Im old and look like a fool in there). Needless to say if someone bought me a pair of True Religions I would wear the hell outa them... By the way, my new favorite online shopping (since Im in CO) is Free People, LOVE!!
ReplyDeleteNo don't get me wrong, if you can find a good fit at a good price, all the better! I am sitting here in my $40 Gap Jeans right now! But my other go to pair of jeans is my $125 Sevens which I have owned for 8 years!! And I own several pieces of Free People (from my Garment District days) and love love love!
ReplyDelete