I'm learning to embrace change. I'm learning to embrace that everyday is different and I don't know what tomorrow holds. I'm learning to embrace the fact that I live in North Dakota (and it's cold) but that doesn't mean I have to live here forever (retirement in CO sounds nice?) I'm learning to embrace that I do have multiple sclerosis but, it doesn't have to have me!
So I decided to start this blog after 8 months of being a stay at home mom and needing some inspiration. I started to look at friends blogs and then friends of friends and really got the idea that I could do this! I want to learn as I go and I have A LOT to learn but am very excited to clear and organize some of the thoughts in my brain. Let me just start by saying the title of my blog is "every day is different...yet happens for a reason" because as any mother can relate the first of the phrase might as well be a tattoo on our foreheads and the latter of the phrase, well that relates to my health.
In March 2007 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. On the same day I was diagnosed, I found out I was pregnant for the first time. Although that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, I would have never known I was "ready" to become a mom. My husband is 6 years my senior and I have never known him away from children. He is a teacher and we met while I was in college working the summer at a day camp he was the director of. I always knew time was ticking and I did want a family but to verbalize you are actually ready is totally different. We were still somewhat newlyweds and on the heels of picking up and moving our lives from Colorado, my home state, to North Dakota, his home state. Long story short I do believe everything happens for a reason and had I not found out I was pregnant I would not have had "good news" to comfort myself and family with alongside the bad that day. And although I lost that pregnancy, I knew I was ready as a sign from above and was very blessed to become pregnant within the next 3 months.
I am also blessed in that the disease is not fatal nor is it hereditary! If anything, most women go into remission while being pregnant as was the case for me. So the joke amongst the MS world becomes "let's just stay pregnant." Not likely!! As I continue to learn everyday, having kids is by far the most difficult, selfless job in the world! But the good ALWAYS outweighs the bad, the trouble becomes trying to remember the good while experiencing the bad.
So if you happen to come upon this blog please say hello or leave any sort of comment whether it be advice, similar stories, or whatever may be on your mind. My only hope is to make some sort of connection out there that keeps me inspired and willing to vent these thoughts in some sort of creative way!
What are you learning to embrace?
beautifully written! thanks for sharing! xo
ReplyDelete