Everyday is different, yet happens for a reason.


Saturday, March 19, 2011

Connections- great or small

So I'm sitting here drinking my glass of boxed vino (a new found love of mine) and thinking what a great neighbor date day I had. (when really I should be in bed) But with my honey out of town my dear neighbor and friend Sarah came over and spent the day with us along with her adorable son Thomas today. She is a very lucky small connection I've dreamed of meeting since moving to ND, and as much as I loved that I didn't have to get out of p.j.'s, put on make-up let alone do my hair or even shower :) to spend the day with her, it got me thinking.

Thinking of how much I miss those that I can forever go without seeing yet within one minute of reuniting feel like I've been right there with them all along and haven't missed a beat!  I do miss the days when things were so easy and we stayed up late just to get our song requests (ironically usually "red red wine") over the radio. I do miss my daily naps after soccer practice and deciding which house will be the hangout over the weekend. But I am also reminded that I have many unforgettable memories (high school football game walks to 7-11 for cookie dough) and only hope our kids are lucky enough to make the same connections through life.  As a good friend reminded me today- a forever friend is priceless!

So cheers to my forever friends~

2 comments:

  1. Cheers indeed! I hope I am one you are talking about b/c you're to me. I love skype and what would we do without it! I can't wait to finally meet your babies. We are best friends and I have never met your babies-come on! We've seen each other, but no babies. Can't wait for July 21st! Boxed wine here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teared up! Red, Red Wine requests and 711 walks are 2 of the many special (and unique)memories. Up until a few years ago I thought every girl had friendships growing up like we did. Turns out, we were the lucky ones. I had some coworkers today talking about how hard it is for "us girls" to find real friends and how it all stems back to high school when everyone was in competition with each other. I actually told them that I was sorry they thought that and how Ive never been in competition with my friends. Ironically... I think they're jealous! haha
    like the song says, your kind of love like a blessing from above
    Cheers (to you too Becca)-Nicole

    ReplyDelete